Westport and the surrounding Clew Bay region has been awarded the accolade of becoming Ireland’s first cycle friendly visitor destination. As part of this initiative Westport Woods Hotel went through a classification inspection and the hotel has invested in a number of ammenties for cyclists to use when staying at our hotel.
Hotel Amenities for Cyclists:
- Upgraded Bike Storage: We have created a secure lock up for our guests to store their bikes freely and securely during their stay at the hotel.
- Charging Points: We are offering free charing of electric bikes to guests of the hotel
- Technical Hub: We have facilities and equipment available on site for the maintainace and repair of bicycles.
- Laundry Facilities: Exclusive washers and drying machines for cyclists. (Small extra fee)
- Complimentary Water Refills
- Shower facilities
- Bicycle Washing Station
Lots of families or individuals choose not to bring their own bikes and opt instead to rent them locally. We work directly with a few trusted suppliers and their names and contact information is below:
|Clew Bay Bike Hire||353 98 firstname.lastname@example.org||www.clewbaybikehire.com|
|Paddy & Nelly Bike Hire||353 83 email@example.com||www.paddyandnelly.ie|
|Westport Bikes for Hire||353 86 firstname.lastname@example.org||www.westportbikehire.com|
Some of the Bike Rental providers are offer a shuttle bus service to pick up and drop off points along the Great Western Greenway. The Greenway itself is 44km long so availing of the shuttle bus services will allow you take the cycle in sections.